Special! Portable propane fired kiln designed to melt precious metals with speed and ease.
Melt up to 6 oz of fine placer gold (1 to 3 oz silver) - take it to the field with you!
Kit includes 4" OD x 4" tall kwik kiln, (2) NAC-500 mini graphite crucibles, (1) graphite 2 oz gold (1 oz silver or copper) loaf mold, (1) graphite 6 cavity gold mold (1/4, 1/2 & 1 oz round and loaf molds), 8" scissor tongs, 8 oz white melting flux for silver or copper and 8 oz premium black gold flux.
Propane bottles not included.
Included are two MT200 pencil tip torches. These torches are highly recommended by our designer as the ideal torches for use with this kiln. MT200 Features:
- Easier to use, puts out more heat
- Reaches melting temperature in 10 minutes without over-firing.
- Orifice and head are larger
- Able to turn it up higher without pencil flame protruding into combustion chamber
- Less grooving of the graphite crucible
- Easier to regulate
- Flame is more stable; can set canister down after lighting without having to re-adjust flame.
- Made of all solid brass
- Made in USA
Please note: This mini kiln is not recommended for smelting ore concentrates, due to the limited capacity for 1 to 3 ratios needed. The purer the metal, the less flux is needed, since flux is designed to pull out impurities.